Upload alternate thumbnails
Associate multiple thumbnail variations that enable you to showcase a media item in any location
This is a beta offering. By using this documentation, you are agreeing to abide by the terms of the JWP Beta Program Agreement
Each uploaded media item in your JWP account has as a thumbnail image associated with it. This image is shown as a preview in the player until content playback begins.
This thumbnail image also can be used to promote the media item. However, you might need variations of this thumbnail to increase viewer engagement and to accommodate specific platform requirements:
- Using an image with an overlay of text
- Showcasing a media item on a Roku device with 9:13 aspect ratio image and on web with 16:9 aspect ratio image
To accommodate scenarios such as these, you can upload and label multiple alternate static media items from your JWP dashboard.
A custom static preview file should adhere to the following standards.
|Accepted file formats||• .jpg|
|Number of active images||20 maximum per video|
|File size limit||≤ 50 MB|
|File resolution||Highest available resolution|
Upload alternative thumbnails
High resolution images should be used for your alternate thumbnails. When a requeset for a thumbnail is made to the JWP's Delivery API, the image dynamically resized.
If you are a developer or have developer resources, you can use the following recipe upload alternative thumbnails with the Management API.
Use the following steps to upload alternative thumbnails to a media item:
- From your JWP Media Library, click the name of a video. The detail page for the video.
- In the Thumbnail section, on the Images tab, click Manage Images. The Additional Images popup window appears.
- Click Add an Image.
- Click Choose File to choose and upload a high-resolution, custom image file.
Since the image is dynamically resized when a thumbnail request is made, we strongly recommend uploading a high-resolution image.
- In the textbox next to Create Label, type a unique label for the uploaded image. This label can only contain letters, numbers, underscores, and dashes. This label is used to identify the correct image to display.
- Click Create Label to apply the label to the image. The label will appear in the Selected Image Label section.
If you have existing labels associated with your account, you can click on a label name from the Available Image Label box to apply to the uploaded image.
- Click Save.
Updated 2 months ago