The JW Platform Delivery API at cdn.jwplayer.com offers endpoints from which you can request content and players configured in JW Platform. Embedding JW Platform hosted content and players in your sites and applications is achieved with the Delivery API through a standard URL scheme giving access to pre-packaged single line embeds, feeds, sources and other assets. These endpoints are the correct mechanism for making high volume calls from your webpage or application and are optimized for quick responses. Requests to the content service can be protected with URL token signing.
The fundamental changes in the v2 endpoints are:
- Interactive API documentation flowing from an Open API Initiative compliant API definition.
- Consistent naming across v2 Management and Delivery APIs aligned with terminology in the dashboard and support documentation.
- Significantly more request time parameterization, v2 endpoints accept numerous query parameters allowing for future feature growth without complicating simple calls.
- URL token signing based on modern cryptography and the JSON Web Tokens (JWT) standard.
- /v2/media/ provides a JSON object or RSS feed describing a media item including metadata, sources, and associated assets like tracks.
- /v2/playlists/ provides a JSON object or RSS feed describing a playlist item including metadata and constituent media items with their metadata, sources, and associated assets like tracks.
- /feeds/ has been deprecated, use
- /libraries/ provides access to single line embeddable cloud-hosted players with no media.
- /players/ provides access to single line embeddable cloud-hosted players with media included in the embed.
- /videos/ provides access to individual encoded video renditions hosted with JW Platform.
- /manifests/ provides access to adaptive bitrate streaming manifests for videos hosted with JW Platform.
- /thumbs/ provides access to video poster images.
- /tracks/ provides access to video timed text track files.