Player Builder is arranged as a set of menus that allows you to quickly customize the behavior and appearance of a player inside the dashboard without having to write any code.
- From the Players page, click Create Web Player.
- (Optional) On the top left rename the player in the field displaying “Untitled Player.” Though not required, giving a unique name to each player is encouraged as it is useful to quickly distinguish between and locate players.
- (Optional) The Player Behavior menu allows you to configure player behaviors and social sharing options.
- (Optional) The Display Options menu allows you to configure player display of title, description, and controls.
- (Optional) The Sharing menu allows you to allow the player to be shared via social media networks.
- (Enterprise) The Recommendations menu allows you to define aspects of the Recommendations engine.
- (Exterprise) The Advertising menu allows you to customize the advertising experience of the viewer.
- (Optional) The Advanced Options menu provides a variety of additional player options to further enhance usability and SEO viability.
- Click Save at the top right of the Player Builder.
To access the Player Builder tabs of an already created player:
- From your JW Player dashboard, click Players.
- Click the name of the player that you will be updating. The Player Builder screen appears. See above for additional details on making updates within the Player Behavior, Display Options, Sharing, Recommendations, Advertising, and Advanced Options menus.
On the right of the Player Builder tab, you can preview changes that you make to the player. The player preview allows you to view most configuration changes in real-time.
Above the player preview, the name of the player is listed. Next to the name are three icons that you can click to preview the player in different views: portrait mobile, landscape mobile, and desktop. Next to the icons, the Player Version you are using is listed.
After saving customizations to the player, you can add the player to your site using the URL in this section:
- Copy the Cloud-Hosted Player Library URL and add the URL to the
<head>of your website pages to access the player across your entire site.
- If you have code that contains deprecated functionality from JW7, click the checkbox next to Include compatibility script.
Test your player first without this script. If no issues arise, leave this option unchecked.
- (Enterprise only) In the Release Channels section, select a player version from the Channel drop-down menu. You can choose from one of the five player releases.
- Copy the player id from the Player ID field.
- The Customize Player Branding menu allows you to adjust the appearance of a player.
At the bottom of the preview panel are three additional actions you can take.
If you are an Enterprise customer, you can select from one of the following:
- Review our tips to troubleshoot issues related to the player.
- Revert to Saved | Restore the last saved version of the player. This link only appears if there is a saved version that can be restored.
- Delete Player | Permanently delete the player.
Updated 13 days ago