Player Bidding (PB) connects your digital video inventory directly to advertising demand sources, increasing competition for your inventory to boost your ad yield.
When you implement PB, JWP manages the following aspects on your behalf:
- Functionality improvements that leverage Prebid.js
- Ad partner code management
- Proprietary product maintenance and improvements
|Ad partner IDs||You will need the correct combination of IDs for each ad partner that you include in your PB implementation. |
If you do not have an existing relationship with any of these partners, your JWP representative can introduce you to one of our partners.
|Ads.txt||You need to add the appropriate entries for your ad partners to your Authorized Digital Sellers text file.|
|Google Ad Manager (GAM) line items||If you manage your line items via GAM, reach out to your JWP representative. Our JW Yield Operations team can generate the necessary line items on your behalf.|
|JWP permissions||You must have Player Bidding enabled for your account and one of the following licenses:|
|JWP 8.13.6+||PB functionality is supported only from JWP 8.13.6.|
|Privacy Frameworks||JWP supports the following privacy frameworks:|
IAB CCPA COMPLIANCE FRAMEWORK
(CCPA only) The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants California consumers several rights:
• Right to know what personal information is collected
• Right to delete personal information
• Right to opt-out of sale of personal information
• Right to non-discrimination in terms of price or service when a consumer exercises a privacy right under CCPA
If you are subject to CCPA, be sure that your developer team implements the IAB CCPA Compliance Framework.
IAB EUROPE TRANSPARENCY AND CONSENT FRAMEWORK
(GDPR only) The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) addresses "the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data":
• Consent [...] given in the context of a written declaration
• Right to withdraw [...] consent at any time
If you need to send General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) consent through your bids, be sure that your developer team implements the IAB Europe Transparency and Consent Framework.
Player Bidding is uniquely developed to support several implementation use cases. The following sections provide brief explanations of each new PB implementation and PB with an existing Prebid implementation use case.
|Using PB only ||JWP manages the following implementation aspects on your behalf:|
• Functionality improvements that leverage prebid.js
• Partner integration
• Product maintenance
PB allows you to choose between several mediation layer options. When you choose a mediation option, you are choosing how the bid auction occurs. Each mediation option is explained below:
• JWP: (IMA, VAST) An auction is conducted by the player. If a winner is selected, the winner's ad is called. If no winner is selected, the fallback tag is called.
• SpotX as Primary Adserver: (VAST) No auction is conducted by the player. The player asks SpotX for a bid and calls the returned ad response regardless of price.
• Google Ad Manager: (IMA) No auction is conducted by the player. All bids are sent to Google Ad Manager (formerly known as DFP) and rendered as line items that compete against other line items. GAM serves the winning line item.
• JWP + GAM: (IMA) An initial auction is conducted by the player. If a winner is selected, the winner's ad is called. If no winner is selected, the fallback tag is called. If no winner is selected for any reason, all valid bids are sent to GAM where the bid values are rendered as line items to compete against other line items. GAM serves the winning line item.
|Using only JWP partners||If you have an existing video header bidding implementation that has been configured solely with existing JWP partners, we suggest migrating to PB.|
|Using a mix of JWP partners and non-partners||If you have a mix of JWP partners and non-partners, you should do the following: |
• Use a PB implementation for ad partners who are also JWP partners.
• Tell your JWP representative about your other ad partners. JWP will work with you to integrate them into PB. While the integration is being developed, you can implement PB alongside an existing Video Prebid.js implementation that contains JWP non-partners.
|Using JWP non-partners||If you have a relationship with only ad partners which are not JWP ad partner, you should do the following:|
• Tell your JWP representative about your other ad partners. JWP will work with you to integrate them into VPB. While the integration is being developed, you can implement PB alongside an existing Video Prebid.js implementation that contains JWP non-partners.
Updated 8 days ago