Set Display Options and Sharing
From the player builder screen, you can set the display and sharing options for a player.
Set player options
Use the following steps to set these options:
- From the Players page, select an existing player. The player builder page appears. If you have clicked Create Web Player to create a new player, the player builder page will also appear.
- Set the display options for the player.
- Set the sharing settings for the player.
- Click Done. The player builder page appears.
- Click Save.
As changes are made to the player settings, these changes appear in the player preview on the right side of the screen in real-time.
The Display Options section allow you to control how much information is displayed or to turn off controls entirely to create a chromeless web player.
Use the following steps to customize the display options:
- On the Configuration tab, expand the Display Options menu. The player display options are displayed.
- Click the toggle next to a control to enable or disable the option.
|Title||Controls display of the video title.|
The toggle is set to ON by default and displays the title. To disable the video title display, click the toggle to OFF.
|Description||Controls display of the video description|
The toggle is set to ON by default and displays the description. To disable the video title display, click the toggle to OFF.
|Controls||Controls display of the video controls:|
• Next Up
• Full Screen
The toggle is set to ON by default and displays the controls. To disable the video controls for a chromeless player, click the toggle to OFF.
Use the Sharing menu to enable and configure the settings for social sharing. Enabling sharing adds an icon in the control bar. When the sharing toggle is clicked to ON, the menu sharing options menu becomes active.
If no social networks are selected, the viewer can only choose to copy the page URL or the iframe embed code.
Use the following steps to set sharing options:
- On the Configuration tab, expand the Sharing menu. The player sharing options are displayed.
- Click the Allow Sharing toggle to ON.
- Enter a phrase to replace the default wording of the Tooltip Text.
- Click the checkbox next to the Social Networks that should appear in the sharing menu of the player. You can click and drag an option to change the order in which the social networks appear in the sharing menu of the player.
Updated 4 months ago