The JWP SDK for iOS is built upon the native iOS player framework, AVFoundation. Apps built with this SDK integrate with video hosting, streaming, and analytics services. These services allow you to incorporate media playback experiences, monetize your app, and discover ways to increase viewer engagement. You can also use this SDK with video content that is hosted with non-JWP services.
- HLS, SmoothStreaming, and MP4 playback
- Rich configuration options including playlists, content title, and poster image
- Fullscreen video playback
- Full-featured API to monitor player, playlist, playback, and content state
- API to monitor and set video and audio qualities.
- VAST, VMAP, and VPAID advertising
- FreeWheel and Google IMA advertising support
- API design that enables native control creation and can be applied to Android and web player implementations
- Caption support
- JWP license
- iOS version 10.0+
Each version of this SDK has been built to work with a specific dependency version. Use the following table to ensure that you are integrating the listed or more recent dependency version in your app. The JWP iOS SDK version listed shows the minimum version required for each dependency.
This developer guide provides best practice approaches for implementing this SDK. We also provide comprehensive documentation for each class in our SDK reference.
This guide assumes that you have the necessary iOS and Objective-C or Swift development skills to work successfully with this SDK for iOS. You should know how to write and build iOS applications using Xcode and the latest Apple developer tools.
By adding the JWP SDK for iOS to your app, you agree to the JWP Terms of Service.
Is UIWebView used in the iOS SDK?
Apple has stated that "[t]he App Store will no longer accept new apps using UIWebView as of April 2020 and app updates using UIWebView as of December 2020".
- As of JW Player's iOS SDK 3.5, the deprecated UIWebView API has been replaced with the WKWebView.
- In Google IMA iOS SDK 3.11.2, Google removed all remaining references to UIWebView. This SDK has been added to JWP's iOS SDK 3.12.0.
Updated 3 months ago