The iOS v4 release notes highlight the additions and improvements JWP has made to the iOS SDK v4 code. If you have any questions after reading a release note and linked documentation, please contact your JWP representative.
To receive immediate notifications for all Player releases, add the following RSS feed URL to your RSS reader:https://docs.jwplayer.com/players/changelog.rss
|4.8.0||11 Nov 2022||
|4.7.1||28 Oct 2022||
|4.7.0||13 Sep 2022||
|4.6.0||13 Jul 2022||
|4.5.3||11 May 2022||
• Fixed issue where
• Fixed issue where VAST ad video quality was always chosen as the lowest quality.
• Fixed issue where the
• Fixed a crash when configuring the player twice in a row before the player was fully initialized.
• Fixed a crash when the player was configured in background before the player was fully initialized.
|4.5.2||20 Apr 2022||
• Fixed a crash related to the next up card being displayed.
|4.4.1||7 Mar 2022||
Features and Improvments
• Fixes issue that prevented uploading Bitcode enabled .ipa to App Store Connect
|4.4.0||9 Feb 2022||
Features and Improvements
• Added methods for
• IMA Postrolls are now requested in the 10 seconds leading up to the ad break
• Fixed DFXP captions not working in some cases
• Fixed missing
• Fixed the
• Fixed the centered replay button not displaying in the COMPLETE state
• Fixed cues for midrolls sometimes being grouped at the start of the seekbar
• Fixed ad controls not respecting show/hide settings
• Fixed FF and Rewind buttons being missing in Live DVR streams
• Fixed tap behavior in the seekbar
|4.3.1||4 Jan 2022||
Features and Improvements
• Fixed an issue where VMAPs with embedded VASTAdData tags were not displaying advertisements.
|4.3.0||9 Dec 2022||
New Features and Updates
• Interfaces have been localized for international languages, including Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
•All strings within the interface can be localized by overriding the string keys within an app’s string tables. These keys are documented in our online documentation.
• Google IMA is updated to reflect the user’s desired language, or the language specified in the IMASdkSettings config object.
• The onSizeChanged event was firing event when the size of the player did not change. This event has been fixed to only fire when the size changes.
• Fixed a bug where the user could skip Google IMA mid rolls by pausing the player after seeking past the midroll.
• Fixed bug introduced in 4.2.0 where certain caption tracks were not selectable.
• Fixed bug where side-loaded WebVTT files were not parsing correctly if the file contained control characters.
• Fixed bug where first frame of a video was being displayed before a pre-roll.
|4.2.0||1 Nov 2021||
• Added ability to listen to AirPlay status events through
• Added support for
• Playback rate can be set while using Chromecast.
• Analytics have been added for in-manifest captions.
• Caption tracks can be specified using desired locale.
• Added ability to launch an unscheduled ad using
• Added a reason to
• Added error reporting for HLS manifest issues.
• Added ability to listen to when cues are updated, using
•Casting interface adapts to both video and audio-only content.
•Continued improvements to User Interface.
• Fixed an issue where incorrect license key error message is displayed.
|4.1.1||11 Oct 2022||
• Fixed an issue where SDK is not working properly with Xcode 12 or lower.
|4.1.0||5 Oct 2021||
• Added support for OMID (Open Measurement Interface Definition) in JWP VAST client.
• Improved OMID support for Google IMA, reporting more accurate viewability data.
• Added a new API,
• Added double-tap to rewind and fast forward.
• Added the ability to specify a playlist URL in
|4.0.1||11 Oct 2022||
• Continuing improvements to user interface.
• Fixed a bug where
|4.0.0||5 Oct 2021||
• Entirely rewritten in Swift while maintaining backward compatibility for customer applications using Objective-C.
• Completely native player and User Interface by using UIKit, which gives easier video control presentations and customizations.
• Decoupled user interface, which gives greater flexibility for creating own user interface with JWPlayerView.
• License keys must be supplied programmatically through
• Thumbnail preview is shown as the user seeks across the content if the thumbnail track is specified for a JWPlayerItem.
• New and improved customizable user interface through using the JWPlayerViewController.
• Chromecast is supported through using our interface in
• Related content is displayed in a new and improved user interface, complete with autoplay functionality.
• Added a common error reporting JWError for warnings and errors.
• Added specialized metadata event delegates, which can be subscribed to events through the JWPlayer protocol.
• Added fast forward button to compliment the rewind button
• Upgraded IMA support to 3.14.3 include iOS 14 and above. JW iOS SDK 4.0 supports Google IMA, Google IMA DAI, and JWP VAST.
• Added Picture-in-Picture support for IMA DAI ads.
• Added ability to set custom initialization options through the
• Added dedicated builders for each type of ad, and renamed
• Google IMA
• Google IMA DAI
• JWP VAST
• Added multiple delegates for different events
• Added Lock screen control, which is more reactive to the state of the player:
• The next item and previous item buttons are shown if the current item is part of a playlist.
• The rewind and fast forward buttons are enabled if there is only one item. “Advertisement” is displayed as the video title when an ad is playing.
• The application’s name is displayed in the controls if a currently playing item does not have a title.
• “Previous Item” button is disabled for the first item in a playlist, and the “Next Item” button is disabled for the final item in a playlist.
• Added chapter markers, which are displayed as cue points and chapters have been defined for the player item.
• Added ability to customize the look of captions using JWCaptionStyle. These settings are observed only if they are not specified in the user’s accessibility settings.
• Added side-loaded VTT captions positional attributes, which is specified within the VTT file. Vertically-displayed text is not supported.
• Added In-manifest Caption support for Chromecast.
• VPAID and FreeWheel support
• CSS support
Updated 25 days ago