The JWP SDK for Android is a media player for the Android Operating System. Apps built with this SDK integrate with video hosting, streaming, and analytics services. These services allow you to incorporate media playback experiences, monetize your app, and discover ways to increase viewer engagement. You can also use this SDK with video content that is hosted with non-JWP services.
- HLS, DASH, SmoothStreaming, WebM and MP4 playback
- Rich configuration options including playlists, content title and poster image
- Recommendations to autogenerate playlists
- Fullscreen video playback
- Full-featured API to monitor player, playlist, playback, and content state
- API to monitor and set video and audio qualities.
- VAST, VMAP, and VPAID advertising
- FreeWheel and Google IMA advertising support
- API design that enables native control creation and can be applied to iOS and web player implementations
- Caption support
|Android Studio||1. Download Android Studio.|
2. Install Android Studio.
You can use other developement tools to build your Android app. Our documentation demonstrates how to implement this SDK via Android Studio.
|Android 4.4 (API level 19)||Your app must be leveraging at least this minimum OS version.|
|JWP license||Follow these steps if you work for a company that has a JWP license:|
1. Request an account from your company admin.
2. Follow the instructions in the welcome email.
Follow these steps if you are an independent developer who needs a license:
1. Go to our Developer sign-up page.
2. Enter your email address at the top of the page.
3. Click Start for free.
4. Follow the instructions in the welcome email.
|JWP SDK for Android||Follow these instructions to download the SDK.|
|JWP license key||1. From your Player Downloads & Keys page, scroll down to the Downloads section. |
2. In the Downloads section, copy the LICENSE KEY for the Fire OS SDK.
NOTE: If you have more than one property in your account, select the property from the dropdown menu at the top of the page. Each property has a unique set of license keys.
This developer guide provides best practice approaches for implementing this SDK. We also provide comprehensive documentation for each class in our SDK reference.
This guide assumes that you have the necessary Android and Java development skills to work successfully with this SDK. You should know how to build and compile Android applications using Android Studio and the latest tools from the Android Developers Kit.
By adding the JWP SDK for Android to your app, you agree to the JWP Terms of Service.
Updated about 1 month ago