The Analytics Overview page is only relevant to plays with a media ID and using a JWP data source.
For Apps analytics, read the How do I create a Custom Report to assess the performance of my Apps? FAQ.
The Analytics Overview page provides an at-a-glance summary of your video performance:
- Comparisons of metrics
- Top performing content
- Top domains
- Countries with the highest viewership
- Devices used to watch video
By default, all the data on the Analytics Overview page covers the last 90 days.
Use the following steps to adjust the data range:
- On the Analytics Overview page, select an option from the Date Range dropdown menu.
- To set a specific date range, select Custom from the dropdown menu and define the date range.
- Date ranges cannot exceed 90 days.
- Click Run Report. All data on the page will refresh with data from the specified date range.
|(Comparative Panel)|| Compares specific metrics in a line graph visualization
|Device Breakdown|| Devices on which viewers are watching your content
When the device that generated plays cannot be identified, JWP attributes those plays to device type Other.
|Top Content|| Videos most-viewed by viewers
Clicking on a thumbnail will display detailed engagement analytics for the individual video.
|Top Countries||Top countries from which viewers watch your content|
|Top Domains||Top domains from which your players accrue views|
Why does Content Unavailable appear in the Top Content section?
Content Unavailable may appear in the Top Content section for one of two reasons:
- The specific video has been deleted from the property.
- The analytics are attributes to a different property.
Learn more about properties.
Why am I seeing No Data in my analytics?
No Data may appear in the your analytics for one of two reasons:
- If your content is not hosted with JWP, be sure you have followed the instructions for registering your external URLs to get Media IDs.
- Be sure you have selected a date range for a period in which you received views.
Updated 2 months ago