Get Started with Broadcast Live (BETA)
Create a persistent, dedicated 24/7 stream for your live content
This is a beta offering.
By using this documentation, you are agreeing to abide by the terms of the JWP Beta Program Agreement.
Broadcast Live empowers you to create persistent 24/7 streams for seamless live content delivery. Every stream you set up has a dedicated infrastructure, ensuring that your live content remains unaffected by viewer demand originating from other streams.
Broadcast Live offers a variety of features to cater to your streaming requirements and provide a consistent user experience:
- Compatibility with RTMP and SRT protocols
- Multi-region architecture for increased reliability
- Built-in security measures, including stream redundancy, geoblocking, and DRM
- Support for adaptive streaming to optimize the viewer experience
If you are a developer or have developer resources, you can set up a Broadcast Live stream with the Platform Management API.
- Broadcast Live Entitlement
Contact your JWP representative for more information.
Create a live stream
Currently, Broadcast Live only supports 24/7 channels with an HD (1080p) output resolution.
Use the following video and steps to create a Broadcast Live stream.
- From the Live Streaming page, on the Broadcast Live (Beta) tab, click Create Broadcast Live Stream. The Create Broadcast Live Stream panel appears.
- Enter a Title.
- (Optional) Enter a Description.
- From the Ingest Region dropdown menu, select the region into which the feed will be streaming. To reduce latency concerns, select the ingest region closest to the location of your encoder.
- Choose a Streaming Protocol.
After a stream has been created, the protocol cannot be changed. If you plan to use midroll ads to monetize your stream, be sure to choose SRT.
- Click Create. The Broadcast Live stream details page appears.
After clicking create, JWP creates a dedicated infrastructure for your stream in your selected ingest region: the origin, the encoder, dedicated streaming servers, and additional live streaming infrastructure. This process takes several minutes.
While JWP creates this infrastructure, you will see a Creating this Stream graphic in the preview panel, and STATUS under Stream Details will display as Creating.
While the infrastructure is built, you can edit stream metadata and configure monetization for the stream with server-side ad insertion (SSAI) advertisements.
Updated about 1 month ago