Broadcast Live empowers you to create persistent 24/7 and event-based streams for seamless live content delivery. Every stream you set up has a dedicated infrastructure, ensuring that your live content remains unaffected by viewer demand originating from other streams.
Broadcast Live offers a variety of features to cater to your streaming requirements and provide a consistent user experience:
- Compatibility with RTMP, SRT, RTP, and HLS (Pull) protocols
- Multi-region architecture for increased reliability
- Built-in security measures, including stream redundancy, geoblocking, and DRM
- Support for adaptive streaming to optimize the viewer experience
If you are a developer or have developer resources, you can set up a Broadcast Live stream with the Platform Management API.
|Broadcast Live Entitlement
|Contact your JWP representative for more information.
Currently, Broadcast Live only supports channels with an HD (1080p) output resolution.
Use the following steps to create a Broadcast Live stream:
- From the Live Streaming page, click Broadcast Live > Create Stream. The Create a Broadcast Live Stream panel appears.
- Enter a Title.
- Select the Region into which the feed will be streamed. To reduce latency concerns, select the ingest region closest to the location of your encoder.
- Choose a Streaming Protocol.
Be mindful of the following when choosing a streaming protocol:
- After a stream has been created, the protocol cannot be changed.
- If you plan to use midroll ads to monetize your stream, be sure to choose RTP or SRT.
- Select a Channel Type:
Use the following steps to create an always available channel:
- Select 24/7.
- (Optional) Select Schedule a start time to define when the stream will first be available. When not selected, the stream will be live immediately after creation.
Use the following steps to creates a live, time-bound event with a minimum duration of 5 minutes:
- Select Live Event. The duration settings appear.
- Set the Start Time. The Local Time must be at least 15 minutes in the future.
- Set the End Time.
- (Optional) Choose the DVR Window.
If a DVR Window value other than No DVR has been selected, Enable Server-Side Ad Insertion (SSAI) cannot be selected under Optional Settings.
- (Optional) Configure Optional Settings.
- Click Create. The Broadcast Live stream details page appears.
JWP will create a dedicated infrastructure tailored to your selected ingest region. This setup includes the origin, encoder, dedicated streaming servers, and other essential live streaming infrastructure. The entire process can take several minutes to complete.
During this time, the preview panel displays a Creating this Stream graphic, and the STATUS under Stream Details displays Creating as the current status.
| Enables selecting a content type schema for a live stream
Content types allow you to classify media by categories with shared custom parameters. Selecting a content type enables you to promote a live stream in an OTT app.
Follow this step to assign a content type to your live stream:
When you add a content type, the stream status and schedule of the media item will update automatically. The publish date will be set to 30 days prior to the planned start date.
|Enable Server-Side Ad Insertion (SSAI)
| Allows ad insertion during the live stream
Use the following steps to enable this setting:
|Add Audio Definitions
| Enables language definition options for streams with up to 8 languages
Use the following steps to add audio definitions to a steam:
|Apply Geoblocking Rule
| Enables applying an existing geoblocking rule to a stream
Following these steps to select a geoblocking rule:
Can a live stream be protected?
Yes, a live stream can be protected with an expiring, signed URL. When creating signed URLs for live stream content, you must use a non-JWT URL.
Updated 4 days ago