Create a Search playlist
A search playlist creates a list of videos in your library based on a keyword search. Search playlists are limited to a maximum of 100 videos.
If you are a developer or have developer resources, you can use the Management API to create a search playlist.
Create a playlist
When updates are made to playlists, there may be up to 3 minutes of caching in JWP's systems before the changes are reflected. Web browsers also cache playlist content and can be cleared.
Use the following steps to create a search playlist:
- From the Playlists page, click Create Playlist. A popup window appears.
- Click the Search title. The playlist settings page appears.
- On the SETUP tab, replace Untitled Search Playlist with a Title for the playlist.
- (Optional) In the Filter by Tag section, define tag rules that determine which videos to Include in or Exclude from the playlist.
- (Optional) In the Promoted Content section, select an existing manual, dynamic, or trending playlist from the dropdown menu. A single video will be randomly chosen from each selected playlist. You can select a maximum of two playlists to promote.
- (Optional) In the List Length section, enter the maximum number of videos to display in the playlist. If no number is entered, the list length will default to 10 videos.
- Click SAVE.
You can now use these results to create a playlist based on a keyword.
Updated 4 months ago