App config overview
An app config is an apps management and configuration tool. From your JWP dashboard, you can manage the content and features of your apps built with the JWP Web App:
- Associate content with an app
- Specify where content is displayed
- Align the appearance of the app with your brand
- Monetize content
- Define aspects of the user experience
In addition to managing the content and features of your apps, you can implement multiple app configurations to help improve the viewing experience:
- Selecting content for different geographical regions
- Specifying content for viewing platforms, such as web, iOS, and Roku
- Evaluating the effectiveness of content line-ups through A/B testing
- Differentiating between environments, such as development and production
Applicaster-based apps are managed and customized through Applicaster's Zapp Studio. Creating a new or editing an existing app config will not change the content or features of these apps.
Create an app config
Use the following steps to create an app configuration from your JWP dashboard:
- From the Apps page, click Create App Config. The Create App Config popup window appears.
- Enter a Configuration Name.
- Click Confirm. The new configuration has been created, and the settings page appears.
If you are a developer or have developer resources, you can use the following recipe to create and define an app config with the Management API.
Updated about 1 month ago