An app config is an apps management and configuration tool. From your JWP dashboard, you can manage the content and features of your apps built with the JWP Web App:
- Associate content with an app
- Specify where content is displayed
- Align the appearance of the app with your brand
- Monetize content
- Define aspects of the user experience
In addition to managing the content and features of your apps, you can implement multiple app configurations to help improve the viewing experience:
- Selecting content for different geographical regions
- Specifying content for viewing platforms, such as web, iOS, and Roku
- Evaluating the effectiveness of content line-ups through A/B testing
- Differentiating between environments, such as development and production
Applicaster-based apps are managed and customized through Applicaster's Zapp Studio. Creating a new or editing an existing app config will not change the content or features of these apps.
Use the following steps to create an app configuration from your JWP dashboard:
- From the Apps page, click Create App Config. The Create App Config popup window appears.
- Enter a Configuration Name.
- Click Confirm. The new configuration has been created, and the settings page appears.
If you are a developer or have developer resources, you can use the following recipe to create and define an app config with the Management API.
Updated 8 months ago