A Recommendations or feed playlist serves videos based on the first video that a viewer watches. The recommendations are selected by using a blend of two proprietary methodologies: a version of association rule mining and content similarity of videos. Recommendations playlists are limited to a maximum of 100 videos.
If the recommendations algorithm cannot find any videos using the methodologies above, trending videos are served.
If you are a developer or have developer resources, you can use the Management API to create a Recommendations playlist.
When updates are made to playlists, there may be up to 3 minutes of caching in JWP's systems before the changes are reflected. Web browsers also cache playlist content and can be cleared.
Use the following steps to create a Recommendations playlist:
- From the Playlists page, click Create Playlist. A popup window appears.
- Click the Recommendations title. The playlist settings page appears.
- On the SETUP tab, replace Untitled Feed Playlist with a Title for the playlist.
- (Optional) In the Filter by Tag section, define tag rules that determine which videos to Include in or Exclude from the playlist.
- (Optional) In the Promoted Content section, select an existing manual, dynamic, or trending playlist from the dropdown menu for position #1 and position #2. You can select a playlist for one or both positions. A single video will be randomly chosen from each selected playlist.
- (Optional) In the List Length section, enter the maximum number of videos to display to the viewer. If no number is entered, the list length will default to a maximum of 25 videos.
- Click SAVE.
You can now pair this playlist with a player and create a recommendations experience for your viewers.
Updated 21 days ago