Studio DRM's multi-DRM solution enables you to protect your media across multiple technologies and devices.
The use of Studio DRM with JW Platform requires the creation of a new property (called Sites in the JW Management API).
- JWT token signing enabled to protect license acquisition URLs
- DRM content copy restrictions to prevent content transfers to account properties without DRM encryption enabled
- Four predefined DRM policies
• 1 Studio DRM only supports encrypting video (with or without in-band captions) and audio files. Encryption of documents, images, and side loaded (out-of-band) captions are not supported by Studio DRM.
• 2 Studio DRM blocks recording via browser extensions/add-ons or certain software programs on the application level, but is not guaranteed for all web browsers. Blocking screen recording depends on the Content Decryption Module (CDM) used in the browser. The CDM may vary with browsers updates and versions.
To help deter users of the dashboard from playing, copying, or sharing protected content, additional safety features have been added to several property, playlist, and video features. The following table details features that are disabled for DRM-enabled properties.
None of these features can be altered for DRM-enabled properties
|Individual Videos||The following features are disabled:|
• Copying to another property
• Downloading a video or its assets
• Previewing a video within the dashboard
• Sharing, including social sharing
• Uploading additional video assets, such as captions and audio tracks, post ingest
Additionally, the sources list is hidden.
|Playlists||On a DRM-enabled property, the URLs for playlists and their assets are pre-signed.|
Additional signing is required for individual assets and playback. This is explained further in the playback setup documentation for Android, iOS, and Web.
If you have not enabled Studio DRM with JW Platform or for a live stream integration, you can use Studio DRM Standalone.
Use the following steps to create a Studio DRM-enabled property:
- On the Property page, click Create. A pop-up window appears.
- Enter a Name in the text box.
- Under Digital Rights Management, click the Enable protection checkbox.
- Click Create. The new property is created and a list of the properties in your account appears.
- Add FairPlay credentials to the property.
- Upload your content to the new property. Your content must be hosted by JW Player in your JW Platform library.
- From the property list page, click on the name of a Studio DRM-enabled property.
- On the Content Protection tab under FairPlay Streaming Configuration, click Add FPS Credentials. The Fairplay Streaming Credentials panel appears.
- In the Application Secret Key field, enter an ASK.
- Under Private Key and Certificate Keystore, click Choose File to select a .p12 or .pfx file.
- In the Keystore Password field, enter the keystore password.
- Click Save.
Updated about 1 month ago