Set geoblocking rules for a property
By setting a geoblocking rule for a property, the rule applies to all the cloud-hosted or registered content.
Geoblocking rules apply only to the content played within a player. Player libraries are not impacted by geoblocking rules.
Only Admin user accounts can modify a property’s global geoblocking setting.
Set a geoblocking rule
Use the following video and steps to set and edit a geoblocking rule for a property.
- From the properties list page, click the name of the property for which you want to set geoblocking.
- On the Content Protection tab under Property Geoblocking, click Add Rule. The Create Geoblocking Rule panel appears.
- Select a Rule Type:
- Allow: Allow a specific list of locations to view this media
- Deny: Block a specific list of locations from viewing this media
- In the Locations dropdown menu, click the names of the countries to apply to the rule. The names of the countries appear in a list beneath the dropdown menu.
If you need to remove a country, click the country name in the list beneath the dropdown menu.
- Click SAVE.
What does a viewer from a blocked region see?
Viewers who click on content that is restricted in their locations will see an error and will not be able to view your content.
Can I apply multiple geoblocking rules to my content?
Only one geoblocking rule can be set for a property or a video. Furthermore, the global geoblocking setting applies to all videos in the property except for those with their own geoblocking rules.
Updated 5 months ago