Add alternate audio tracks
When your viewers watch a video on your site, the original video audio is played. However, you can offer them an enriched experience.
You can associate additional audio tracks with a video and provide your viewers with a variety of options:
- Dialogue translations
- Changing background music in a fitness or training video
- Commentary tracks
- Descriptive audio for visually-impaired viewers
All additional audio tracks are listed by the order in which they appear in the manifest.
Alternate audio tracks are only supported in HLS delivery. They are not supported in progressive MP4s served out of JW Stream.
Additionally, ensure that your audio files are the same duration as the video. If the duration of an audio file and the video do not match, playback errors can occur.
- Multiple audio track feature enabled by your JWP representative
- Audio file (.aac, .m4a, mp3) on a local machine
The following features are unsupported:
- DRM-enabled properties
Add an audio track
If you are a developer or have developers resources, you can manage alternate audio tracks through the Management API.
Use the following steps to add an audio track:
- From your JWP dashboard Media Library, click the name of the video. The video details page appears.
- Under Media Summary, click View Assets. The Media Assets panel appears.
- Click Audio Tracks.
- Under Additional Tracks, click + Add Audio Track. The Add Audio Track fields are revealed.
- Enter the Name, Language, Lang Code for the audio track. The Name will appear as the audio track option in the player.
- Select the audio type from the Type dropdown menu.
- Click Attach File to select an audio track from your computer.
- Click Add Audio Track. The new audio track will appear under Additional Tracks.
- Repeat steps 3-8 to associate additional audio tracks.
- Click Close to exit the Media Assets panel.
After you have associated additional audio tracks to a video, the original audio (Default Audio) is selected when the video plays. Additional audio tracks are listed alphabetically in the player after Default Audio.
Updated 7 months ago